LED light bulbs are the way to go when you need to replace an old bulb. They last longer and work seamlessly with the remote control.
But it’s not always easy to figure out which bulb to get. Here is a look at how to determine the proper LED for your opener.
LED Is Better
LED bulbs have several advantages over other types of lights, including:
- They last about 25,000 hours.
- They last about 25 percent longer than compact fluorescents.
- They don’t interfere with the communication signals from the opener to the remote.
- They are more energy efficient than incandescents.
- They give off little heat.
- They don’t need to warm up and go on immediately.
The Right LED for Your Garage Door
Each manufacturer has its own specifications when it comes to garage door lights. It is critical that you follow these recommendations. If you select the wrong one, the light might interfere with signals between the remote and the opener.
Find the documentation that came with your door. Or check the manufacturer and model, then look it up online. This will show the LED bulbs that are compatible with your specific model of garage door opener.
As an example, the maker of LiftMaster, Craftsman and Chamberlain garage door specifies these types of bulbs for its lines of openers.
- Phillips bulb #425256, 40 watts
- EcoSmart #ECS A19CW 60W E120, 60 watts
- EcoSmart #ECS GP19 W27 40WE FR 120 DG 2PK, 40 watt
- CREE #BA19-04527OMF-12DE26-2U100, 40 watt
- 3M #RRA19B4, 60 watt
- Sylvania #72554, 60 watt
- FEIT #BPAG800DM-LED, 60 watt
- FEIT #R20_DM_LED, 45 watt
Confused? Ask an Expert!
Changing a light bulb really can be confusing, especially when it comes to your garage door opener. You can save time by checking with a garage door expert.
A skilled technician can come by and look at your opener. He can change the bulb and explain the type you need to get in the future.
This is a good time to schedule an inspection of your entire garage door system. Inspections and early detection of problems can save you frustration, time and money.
Contact Bailey Garage Doors for all of your garage door needs.